Create a Gorgeous Handprint Santa with printable poem Materials
- white, red and peach coloured paint
- coloured card of your choice
- pom poms or cotton wool balls
- googly eyes
- red bingo dobbers
- black pen
- Santa handprint poem- downloadable from the website
- craft glue/hot glue gun
- (laminating sheets optional)
- Have the child place their hand palm up.
- Paint their fingers white, the top half of the palm peach coloured, and paint the bottom half of the palm and thumb red.
- Have children place their hand down on a piece of card. Press firmly to ensure enough paint is transferred onto the card.(If not enough paint is transferred you can touch it up with a paintbrush if you desire.)
- When it has dried cut around the hand print leaving a small border around the hand. Do not cut up into the fingers.
- Then add a nose and mouth to the santa. We used a bingo dobber for the nose, but textas would work just as good.
- On the back of the handprint glue the santa handprint poem.
- We chose to laminate our santas to give them more durability, but that is up to you!
- Allow children to choose a pom pom or cotton ball to glue onto the end of santas hat. (We used craft glue)
- Glue on on the googly eyes
- Hole punch the santa at the top and place through a pipecleaner ready to hang up!
In my classroom each child has made a Christmas chain that was hung up around the room. We are gradually adding the ornaments and christmas crafts children make to their individual chain. This makes it super easy at the end of the year to take down and students have all their ornaments in one place ready to take home. Eventually they will end up with around 10 ornaments on their chain. Children and parents love these as they can be kept over the years and hung up in their home every year at Christmas.
Remember keep calm and pretend its on the lesson plan!Top Teacher xx