Hi and welcome to Top Teacher!
Our policy can be summarised in one sentence: we will not share your information with others without your consent.
- Who is Top Teacher?
- What information do we collect?
- How we collect your information
- How and when we use your personal data
- How to update your personal information
- Complaints and disputes
- Communication preferences
- How to get into contact with us
Who is Top Teacher?
Top Teacher is an online subscription-based hub to support and empower early childhood educators on their journey to shape young minds.
As of 04/02/2021 Top Teacher resources include: Top Teacher Website, Top Teacher Digital Resources.
This also includes any other business we may add to this entity in the future. If you would like to know more about each business, please refer to the Terms and Conditions of the product you are using.
What information do we collect?
- Personal information: this includes an individual’s name, age, gender, location or any other information as defined as “Personal Information” in the Privacy Act.
- Contact information: This includes your address, telephone number, e-mail address, school name, country or location, occupation.
How we collect your information
These are the following ways that your personal information may be collected and processed by Top Teacher:
- Through your sign-up details such as when you opt-in to our Newsletter(s) or offers via your first name, last name, title and email address;
- Through purchases and transaction data such as your bank account details, details of the services you have obtained from us, purchase order details, and payments made to/from us;
- Through technical data such as internet protocol (IP) address, login data, operating system and platform;
- Through content channels such as us connecting together via content channels, social media or in-person events.
- Through marketing and usage data such as your marketing and communication preferences in receiving communications from us and our third parties, the technologies used, and any related correspondence and data pertaining to the use of our websites.
However we can also receive personal information from sources such as advertising, public records, and mailing lists. When that happens without your knowledge (such as by accidental acquisition of a third party) we will either delete/destroy the information, or inform the individual that we hold such information, in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree to accepting cookies when on our site, the file is added and the cookies helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us to analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website. You can choose to accept or decline cookies, however, if you decline cookies it may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How and when we use your personal data
We only hold on to your personal information for the time necessary as outlined by this policy, unless necessary or required by law. These are the ways we use your personal information:
- For our internal record keeping purposes.
- For us to deliver you the products and services you ordered from our websites.
- For us to let you know about promotional products, special offers, and any information regarding your account such as subscription expiration.
- For our own improvement purposes, such as getting feedback on our services and products.
We also may need to disclose personal information when using third party services that provide limited service, such as bookkeepers and accountants. We will only provide those companies with the information needed to deliver the service. They are required to maintain confidentiality and your privacy and cannot use it for any other purpose.
We may also be required to disclose this information as per any relevant privacy laws in good faith; or if we believe any fraudulent, unlawful and deceitful behaviour has occurred, as per the law or the relevant government authority.
How to update your personal information
Under the Australian Privacy Principles, you have the right to request any personal information that we may have on you, and we will provide the information within 28 days of receiving such a request.
You may also review and update your personal information at any time via your Top Teacher Account.
If you cannot update your own information, just send us a message and we will correct any errors or misinformation within a week (that’s 7 days) of us receiving written notification.
Please note: it is your responsibility to provide us with accurate and truthful personal information. We cannot be held liable for any incorrect information that has been provided to us.
Complaints and disputes
If you have a complaint about our handling of your personal information, or believe we have breached the APP or a relevant registered APP code (if any), please write to us at:
This is because we both must first attempt to resolve any dispute or issue directly between us. If Top Teacher becomes aware of any unauthorised access to an your personal information we will inform you at the earliest practical opportunity once we have established what was accessed and how it was accessed.
From time to time, we may send out individual important policy, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with us, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
By using our product, you acknowledge that the security of online transactions and the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed. Each individual that provides information to us via the internet or by post does so at their own risk, and is wholly responsible for any and all necessary measures to ensure such information meets their privacy and/or security responsibilities.
We do not accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to personal information.
If we decide to change this policy, we will post the changes on our website. Please refer back to this page to review any amendments. We may do things in addition to what is stated on this page to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles.
How to get into contact with us
Have a question or need something clarified?
Email us at: email@example.com