Time saving phonics-based reading passages with comprehension style questions.
13 phonemic focused short stories designed to help develop your student’s reading fluency and comprehension skills.
Students read the passage independently and then answer comprehension questions that encourage them to think carefully, reread and locate information within the text. Print for students individually or use plastic sleeves with whiteboard markers.
The perfect (no prep) independent activity to add to your guided reading rotations, to send for homework or to use as an assessment task.
– Fred and the Photo Finish (f, ff, ph)
– The Princess and the Chess Game (c, ce, ss)
– Rusty and the Recycling Robot (r, rr, wr)
– The Boy and the Coins (oi, oy)
– The Clown who Found the Clouds (ou, ow)
– The Witch and Her Lunch (ch, tch)
– Jack and the Pigeon Who Stole a Sausage (j, ge, dge)
– Cali and Her Fancy Bicycle (hard c, soft c)
– The Snail and the Maple Tree (long a)
– The Knight and His Kite (long i)
– Monkey and Turkey Escape (long e)
– Banjo and the Snow Day (long o)
– Ruby and the Musical Tulips (long u)